April 6, 2011

One Last Day... As a Family of FOUR!

Last night at small group my prayer request was for today to be a very sweet day together as family of four and indeed it was A VERY SWEET DAY! The sky was blue, the sun was shining, and Joe was off from work! I got some good time with Wyatt first thing after breakfast (we ate my boys' fav--powdered donuts!) dressing up and playing fireman, then Daddy headed out to drop Wy guy off at school. Isaac and I got our normal Mommy-Isaac Wednesday together while Daddy came home and finished up some yard work! Ike and I did some laundry in between playtime, ran some errands, and ate lunch together. It was fun to get some one-on-one time with my BABY today! After Ike's nap, we picked Wyatt up from school and headed to Deanna Rose Farmstead for one last excursion as a family of four...

Our small group threw us a little baby shower last night, so we brought some leftover blue "pupcakes" with us to enjoy at the farm in honor of our "Birthday Baby" (a term Wyatt came up...He kept asking when he'd get to meet the new brother in my belly. We told him that he'd meet his new bro right after his 3rd birthday. So Wyatt started calling this new baby "the birthday baby." Wyatt was a little disappoitned the day after his birthday because he still had 3 weeks to wait for his first introduction to new lil bro).

I LOVE, love, love these boys! Tomorrow I will be a mama of THREE fellas... Just can't quite wrap my mind around this truth just yet. I'm sure reality will sink in very quickly once he arrives tomorrow morning!
My little smurf sported his Little Brother shirt today! Tomorrow he gets to be the little brother and a BIG BROTHER!!!! Farmer Joe milking the cow.
Isaac got a ride on Daddy's shoulders...
...while my Wy guy rode in the BOB. I remember his first ride in the BOB on Mother's Day 3 years ago... Look how big he is in it now! : )
Isaac loved the baby goats!
And Wyatt LOVED being a fisherman. He was so patient and caught TWO fish!
Picking out a worm...
Proudly showing it to Mommy...
Waiting, waiting, waiting for a big catch...
Mommy walked to the playground with Isaac right when Wy caught a fish. Boo. I missed it! But Wyatt told me ALL about his big catch!
Here we are heading upstairs for a much need bath before bedtime after one pretty fantastic day. Mommy got the honor of tucking both boys in bed tonight! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE these little boys? We often sing a little song, "Open, Shut them" and this was an open, shut them moment. We couldn't quite get a photo with both boys' eyes open so I got one of each...
It was a pretty perfect day as a family of four...
But we've so anxiously been awaiting your arrival, Birthday Baby! We can't wait to meet you tomorrow and are so excited to become a FAMILY of FIVE! We love you already and will love you even more completely tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment