We made it to DELIVERY DAY!
After about 4 hours of sleep, we go up for a quick shower and left the house at 5:45am to prep for our 8:15am scheduled cesarean...
I think Dr. Heit picked the right day for delivery because I was apparently having contractions every 5 minutes although I wasn't feeling any pain. Our lil fella was defintiely ready for arrival!

Dr. Heit is known for being right on time and today was no different. I headed into the OR at 8:05am for my spinal, ten minutes later Dr. Heit came into the room for delivery and Joe was right by my side! Not long now...

This was smoothest and most peaceful c-section I've had. Everything went perfectly! It was almost like the doc, anesthesiologist, nurses, and Joe were all just sitting around having coffee! They were all just chatting away and it seemed like everyone in the room had forgotten that surgery was underway... everyone except me, that is! But soon enough was the moment I'd been waiting for when Dr. Heit said, "Joe, you've got to stand up for this. You don't want to miss it!" And then he pulled out our new baby boy. I remember everyone saying "He's a big boy!" and "He's got lots of dark hair!" and "He's so cute!" Our lil fella (still to be named at this point!) had made his grand debut at 8:40am, weighing in at 8lbs 9oz and 19.5 inches long! It was a very JOYOUS moment!

Look at this head full of DARK HAIR! Maybe we'll have a lil brunette? I love it!

Here's our lil buddy getting his footprints stamped

Micah was SO content even in the operating room. He gave us just enough noise so we knew he was strong and healthy then he settled into Daddy's arms and was happy as could be!

I finally got to meet my new baby boy! The tears were flowing and my heart was full!

Mommy completely enthralled with Micah Jay

He found his thumb right away!

It looks like we've got another thumb sucker!
No comments:
Post a Comment