March 12, 2011

Isaac is 14 Months!

Photo ops are becoming almost impossible these days! These candid, in-action snapshots of Ike were the best I could do at 14 months! They are definitely reflective of who Isaac is, though... full of spunk, charm and lots of personality! He is so much FUN!
This is ISAAC'S monthly update so you are probably wondering why there is a pic of 2 kiddos other than Isaac below? Well, our good friends, the Hahns, came to KC to visit for the weekend and we got to spend Isaac's 14 month birthday with them! It was such a fun day catching up and being together. Below is Wyatt and Asher in the Hallmark Visitor's Center at Crown Center. These two boys were such good buddies... sure wish they lived closer so we could 'play' more often!
We had lunch at our house then went downtown to Kaliedoscope (Hallmark's amazing hands-on art center for kids!). As you can see, Wy guy gets intensely focused on his art projects. Isaac loved the music room... he quickly learned how to push the buttons in order for the music to play and then he was a dancing machine. It was so fun to watch him!
Back to our 14-month Ike update... He loves the mudroom (our art room!) including play dough and markers and anything that can make a mess.
Isaac's best buddy is currently his big bro. They are too cute together!
Both of my boys have this fascination with the broom? I had no clue this Wal-Mart purchase would be such a huge hit among the McCulley boys. Now if they could only make some progress using it correctly it would be very helpful for me!
Isaac is so much fun to put to bed! He still loves a bottle before he goes night night but we are trying to get him out of the habit so we often do not give him one. He doesn't fuss a bit without it but LOVES it when we do treat him with a bottle before bed!
I know most experts recommend soothing music, turning the lights down low and talking quietly to wind a baby down before bedtime. Well, Isaac responds better with just the opposite! He loves to PLAY until the very last minute when we finally shut off his light, say goodnight and blow kisses while playing peek-a-boo as we walk out of the room. And even then, if you open the door again, he's normally still standing in his crib with a big smile just hoping you'll poke your head back in the room for one more round of peek-a-boo!
Ikey bear loves his THUMB! I'm secretly hoping our next baby boy sucks his thumb too. I just think it's the cutest thing ever and keeps him super content. He's been able to soothe himself since we brought him home from the hopsital!
Love this little man.
______________________________________________________________
Fun Facts About our 14-Month-Old:
ISAAC...
  • has moved from walking to RUNNING! It is the cutest to see him speed across the floor. He is FAST!
  • loves to be FUNNY! He will do just about anything to get a laugh
  • loves his thumb, bottle, and BLANKIE (we never realized he had an attachment to the blanket in his crib until it was being washed one night and he just couldn't settle in to slumber without it!).
  • likes to drink out of a STRAW. He too, like Wyatt, has completely skipped over the sippies and straight into a cup with a straw.
  • likes to clean up toys and messes... he's all about putting things away into containers.
  • loves the WATER--whether it's the swimming pool, bath tub, a puddle in the driveway, or a puddle he's created out of Gabbi's water bowl...this lil fella loves to SPLASH and get WET!
  • still only has 6 teeth. I keep thinking he's working on more but they haven't surfaced yet
  • will be a BIG BROTHER before I post his 15-month update. I'm sure he'll grow up in even more of a hurry once his lil bro arrives, but I'm savoring the moments of him being my BABY for now! I often suffer from Mommy-guilt because I don't feel like Isaac got the full experience of being a baby. We sold a house and moved across the country while I was pregnant with him, then we began planning through the same scenario when he was only four months old. We moved back across the country again when he was eight months, lived in a hotel for a couple months, bought a house and then began that whole crazy episode of settling in. All the while, right when life is starting to feel 'normal' again, we're going to add another lil fella to our family. Don't get me wrong, we are super excited for this baby's arrival, but sometimes I feel like my Ike man got cheated in way. Although, in all actuality, I think it has and will continue to serve him well. He is so FLEXIBLE and can just ENJOY LIFE wherever he is at. For this I'm so very grateful! God gave us exactly what we needed in our middle man... I love you Isaac Owen, all the way to the moon and back. And I promise you won't get skipped over or lumped in between your brothers! You have a very special place in Mommy's heart forever and for always...

No comments:

Post a Comment