. It is his saving grace many days and a very sweet encouragement to my soul during our 'trying' moments! He often says "I love you" and "Thank you for dinner, Mom" or "Thank you for taking me to ____." on his own accord without being prompted. Love covers a multitude of sins! He is pretty easy to love and forgive most of the time...
We've really noticed that he has a strong gift of encouragement. This is definitely a trait the Lord has worked into his being because it's not something that I'd say is a strong attribute in Joe or I. Wyatt is so quick to say, "Good job, Mom" or "You're really good at that, Dad" or "That's how you do it, Isaac." I love this quality about him! And I'm learning from him. I've heard that a child (or anyone really) needs to be encouraged 7 times for every reprimand. This is so true! We are really working on praising his accomplishments and good decisions so he does not grow weary of doing good (Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.). Our pastor gave some really good advice to say YES! as much as possible to our children in order to build them up and so that NO really has some meaning.

Well, we did it! We've survived the two's! It's been a trying year but so rewarding on many different levels! I wouldn't trade this past year for anything (but I'm thankful we're moving on...!)
This little man has a heart of gold, OK iron maybe, and a will, perseverance, and determination that's equally as strong! : ) I guess he wasn't given the name 'Little Warrior' for nothing and without good purpose! Divinely, he was given to 2 parents who are just as, if not more persistent than he is! Ha! If you're gonna enter a battle with your child, you must WIN I've learned, otherwise you lose all credibility. Consistency is key with a strong-willed child! The Lord disciplines those he loves... I have to remind myself of this over and over again when I'm completely not feeling like I have the energy for another battle! Now if we can just steer that strong determination of his toward obedience and right choices, he will certainly make a difference in the world! I've read that strong-willed children have the most potential to do BIG things in life... they just need proper discipline and direction! I do have to say that I'm very thankful to be raising a strong-willed little boy verses a passive one in this day in age... it can be exhausting at times through the testing and retesting, but I know there will be great reward and good fruit outpouring from his little soul in the long run. I know my Wyatt will be a strong leader, and for this I'm very grateful! Cute little side note: When Wyatt says something to me and I don't respond and he says it again, the dialogue goes something like this: "Mom, I said I'd like more cheerios. I've said it twice. Mom, I love you too much to let you disobey!" Do you think he's heard this a time or two before? : ) I have to laugh but also remind him who's in charge!

Wy guy has an
imagination like you wouldn't believe! He's always telling stories and is normally dressed as a fireman, clown, policeman or a construction worker most of the day! We've even made a few trips out of the house in costume. Definitely not a battle worth fighting... And he does look pretty handsome in uniform, so how can I resist! He's got a permanent tent in his closet where we read bedtime stories at night and play 'camping' each morning!

Wyatt always remembers to take his Bible to church. I think this is part of
wanting to be exactly like Daddy, especially on Sunday mornings. If Daddy has on a button down and a belt, you can guarantee that's what Wy guy will be wearing too! And if Daddy isn't wearing a sweater vest then there's no hope of Mommy getting Wyatt in one either. Oh, and he never forgets hair gel and smell goods (Cologne) on Sundays either. Wyatt is very quick to remind us to pray before meals, "Oh, we forgot to pray!". Although, he usually says it as we're just sitting down at the table and haven't even had a chance to pray yet. So now Daddy and Wyatt have a lil game to see who can get to the table and remember to pray first!
Wyatt loves his lil bro! He wants him to go everywhere with him now... to music school, to the movies, in his class at church, etc. And he especially likes to be the one to feed Isaac, which always requires a bath afterward. Ike doesn't seem to mind being messy at all! Don't get me wrong, they have their fair share of brotherly knock down, drag outs.... but they really do love each other and are becoming good friends!

Wyatt is all about his rain gear. He wears it when it's raining or when the sun is shining, when it's 30 degrees or gets up to 80! And he has this thing with the broom, I think it's currently being used as a shoot gun! Wyatt is always protecting Mommy with his shoot guns... "Don't worry, Mom. I'll protect you. I'll shoot the bad guys!" I think I am going to be very well protected with all of these boys around!
Wy guy is VERY task oriented. He wants to be a part of everything and he's a really great helper. He's very hands-on... he definitely learns by doing, not by observing! "Let me do it. Let me try. I can do it myself" is what we often hear.

I've had to learn to be creative in 'educational' activity with Wyatt. He is not one for flashcards like his mama! Ha! We incorporate play dough, markers, scissors, glue and paint into just about all of our learning experiences!

Here's Wyatt putting in his own hair gel. Some days he has SO MUCH gel in his hair that it is still standing straight up the next morning after he has slept on it!

_______________________________________________________________
More Fun Facts About our 3-year-old:
WYATT...
- has a huge vocabulary and enunciates so clearly. My favorite words that he uses are Actually, Professionals (He refers to he and daddy as 'professionals' when they are doing a handyman project or playing football), and snuffleupagus (from sesame street). Joe tries to stump him with silly words and long phrases like supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, but even this one he says pretty darn well!
- There are a few mispronunciations that I just can't correct because they are too cute, including: pupcakes (cupcakes), hairplanes (airplanes), forsey (horsey), Yook! (look), and Jophes (Joseph)
- refers to all hearts as "Happy Hearts"
- is no longer allowed to take showers with Daddy because he's such a water hog!
- has never been attached to anything in his 3 years of life until about a month ago. Mimi bought him a book called "Stranger in the Woods" that came with a deer (AKA the stranger in the woods) so now our son will not go to bed without his Bambi doll! : /
- favorite color is still orange
- loves orange tic-tacs (an after church treat), chewing gum, and pez (only during haircuts!)
- is not a big eater. He's too busy to eat! Luckily he's not a picky eater, but he could really take it or leave it. Food is overrated in Wy's book!
- Wyatt insists on sharing his food with you. This is great until he hands you a 'pupcake' that has all of the icing licked off, or a half eaten piece of licorice that has spit dripping out of one end! Daddy has lots of little surprises waiting for him in the refrigerator most nights. Wyatt has specific instructions to "Save it for Daddy!" This is one time where I'm really glad that Wyatt is a Daddy's boy! : )
- is a HUGE TALKER. Oh my! He never quits (unless he's watching a movie in the car!)
- his love language is definitely quality time, without a doubt!
- loves music. He has every song from music school memorized (and even adds the 'rests' into his lyrics.) The radio went off one night while he was sleeping and you would have thought there was a fire! He woke up completely frantic and yelling "My music turned off! My music turned off!"
- Names all of his animals J names: Jophes, Jericho, Jacob and James
- has an incredible memory. Daddy says this boy has a mind like a steal trap.
- When Wyatt calls Daddy and he doesn't answer the first time, Wyatt resorts to yelling for "Joe" or "Jojo" or "Babe" or his new one is "Honey Bee!" (He definitely didn't get this one from me!)
- Every day when Joe gets home Wy asks daddy, "Did you shoot the bad guys?"
I'm sure I'll think of a thousand more fun facts about Wyatt after I post this, but I'd better wrap up for now... I love you, little warrior. You are my buddy and bring so much purpose to my days! You've refined and humbled my heart, you make me laugh like no other, and you've drawn me to my knees before the throne of grace more often than ever before... the Lord has placed you in my life with PURPOSE and He has so much in store for you. Of this, I'm confident! I LOVE YOU beyond measure. I love your strong character and charming wit! I love your determination and perseverance that never falter. I love your inquisitive nature that causes me to think about things that would otherwise never cross my mind... and you always force me to find an answer for your questions ("I don't know" just isn't a good enough response for you! : ) I have high hopes for this next year. We will press on to FOUR...
No comments:
Post a Comment