April 25, 2013

These days.....

I can hardly believe 2 years of preschool are already under Wyatt's belt and he's getting ready for Kindergarten!  The past 2 years have been such an adventure and sweet celebration of growth for our Wy Guy!  I remember him holding tightly to my leg the first day week semester of preschool. Now he jumps out at the curb with confidence and sometimes without even giving me a kiss.

Refection Time!  What is this mommy learning?
I'm learning to hold onto these days (the semi-frustrating moments and all) a little bit longer--you know, the days of having a preschooler holding onto your leg not wanting to go into his class, a toddler running through the building with no fear and trying to get the turtle out of the tank, and one infant crying because he needs to be fed.  These days I so vividly remember-but not with frustration anymore.  Funny how a couple of years and some perspective turns these moments into treasured memories.  Would I do the past 2 years all over again?  You betchya!  But I wouldn't be frustrated or frazzled or wish the moments away the second time around.  I would hold on longer to that little boy wrapped tightly to my leg.....because now I have to ask for a kiss! :)  These days.... Give me grace for the moment, Lord, to do them well! 

Ok, back to Wyatt and CELEBRATING his growth over the past 2 years. At end-of-the-year conferences, Miss Mary said that Wyatt has great character!  Could anything make a parent more proud?  I say this not to boast, but to celebrate my baby boy growing into a little man of character.  Isn't that the purpose of these days anyway?  He doesn't know all of his letters or their sounds, he doesn't count to twenty five without skipping a number here and there, he doesn't even have much of an interest in learning any of these things that the world counts as success, but he has CHARACTER and that's the heart of the matter.  And character is what gives this momma confidence in closing the preschool chapter and sending Wyatt off to Kindergarten, to spread his wings, and build some more character (and hopefully gain some interest in the academics along the way!)...  
The big day!  Kindergarten Round Up....
Wyatt was SO excited that I could hardly get him to stand still for a photo.  If only he knew how important pictures are to a momma's heart! :)  I'm gonna want to look back on these days, you know


Exploration Day at Aldersgate Preschool!  Wy's preschool is very hands-on and non-traditional!  So in place of a boring ceremony, we spent the day exploring with our kiddos and celebrating these days....






Have I mentioned how honored I am to get to be this boy's mom?  Wyatt, I love you soooooooo very much, Warrior!  I am so proud of you, my son.

When Wyatt came home, he had to show all of his exploration treasures to his bros
Last day of school, complete with 3 flowers for his 3 teachers!




Last day of preschool drop off.  Sniff-sniff.  





Celebrating and holding onto these days.  Good bye preschool, hello Kindergarten.................

No comments:

Post a Comment