March 18, 2012

A Weekend Away With Wy guy!

We gave Wyatt the option of a birthday party with his buddies or a one-night hotel stay on the Plaza with Mommy and Daddy.  He wavered a bit and tried to negotiate for both, but much to our surprise, he ultimately settled on the latter!!!!  Woo HOooooooooo.  There was very little planning required and it was a vacation for Joe and I as well.  What a precious memory with our Wy Guy to celebrate 4 years of life together!  There probably won't be too many more years when he chooses us over his buddies so we took full advantage of the two-on-one time with him.  We began our weekend with a movie, The Lorax!  Great show, yummy popcorn, and such fun company....  Wy gave it a thumbs up on the rooftop afterward!

Very proud to be FOUR.

The first thing Wy wanted to do when we checked into our hotel was to play hide-n-seek....  so we did just that as many times as possible in hotel room!

How did Daddy ever think to look in the bathroom?

Momma squeezing every ounce of lovin' from my favorite firstborn!

I'm biased, but I think my 4-year-old is pretty darn handsome!

and a little bit silly

and can be so stinkin' sweet too!

Love you, Wyatt Joseph..........  to eternity and all the way back!  "Now, that's a lot of love!" you would say to me. ;)
Daddy took advantage of running into the Apple store and coming out with an ipad????!  Hmmmmmm, this was not a mommy-approved purchase, but my boys think it's pretty awesome! :)  OK, so it wasn't nearly as impulsive and spontaneous as I make it sound.....  Joe had already tucked the cash away from a bonus he'd received, but it was a little detour from the weekend itinerary, or so I thought!  We live in such an i-everything kind of world that I'm a bit resistant to all of the fingertip technology....  I see so many miss out on moments with the people right under their noses because they are so engaged in cyber-world.  Off my soap box, but I just don't want to be 'that mom'!!!!  So the ipad will have limited usage in this house, that's for sure!  But I'm glad it gives these boys some good bonding time!  They have a mutual affection for the ipad!   

My Wy guy stretching over to touch the hotel sign.... not sure why he was doing this but it made for a good documentary of our Marriott stay!  I should add that Daddy had Marriott points which made for a super cheap adventure. 
A few more photos of our super cool 4-year-old on the way to the Kansas City St. Patrick's Day Parade!

Wyatt's favorite buddy hands down.....  "Daddy Jojo" he often calls him!


Wyatt thought these green guys were pretty cool and they were everywhere!
My favorite littlest leprechaun waiting for us to return home from a weekend of fun.  Not that he missed a thing....  he was well taken care of and smothered with affection from his Mimi and Poppy! THANK YOU for helping us celebrate with our Wyatt by loving on our lil guys!!!!!!
And my favorite middle man doing a little 'green work' with his daddy!
Wyatt, thank you for choosing this special opportunity to hang out together with our attention fully on you  this weekend!  Mommy and Daddy had a blast and will add this to our favorite memory bank.  Did I mention that I love you?  Did I tell you how proud I am of you?  You are very loved and make us so very proud.  Thanks for being you, which is exactly who you are meant to be! :)  We are so honored the Lord chose you to be a part of our family..........  we're forever grateful for your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment