March 14, 2012

Look Who's FOUR!

Our little warrior is FOUR! And I tell you what, these past 4 years have disappeared way too quickly.  There is much wisdom in the words of every 'older' parent you meet who says, "Enjoy these years, they go by so fast!".  I am totally enjoying these little years (yes, even the hard moments included that add up to the sum of these years!).  I am trying so hard to take it all in with attention full and find JOY and much grace in each moment!  Don't get me wrong, I am exhausted much of the time, give into frustration too often, fret about sticky floors and heaping piles of laundry and dirty dishes, but I truly, truly would NOT trade this life for anything in the whole wide world!  I would bottle up this season and stay here forever if I had a choice in the matter of time!  It is the best gift of all to get to be a wife and mommy.  I feel so honored to get to do what I love full-time (with little breaks here and there, of course to recharge my battery!)


Wyatt is VERY proud to be four.  He's taken on new responsibilities of picking out his own clothes, getting dressed and making his bed in the morning before he comes out of his room.  He feels very mature now....  He often tells me, "Mom, you don't even have to tell me that.... I'm four now!"  This is mostly a very good thing!  I'm so glad I no longer have to remind him to flush the toilet or poop in the potty................but every now and then he thinks he's a little too smart for his britches!  There's a bit of an attitude that comes with being four we're finding! :)  But along with the little attitude, he's also developed new confidence and independence.... Hallelujah!!!!!!!  Wy is (mostly) over his separation anxiety and tearfulness when he's required to go somewhere new....  He just needs a little warning and briefing on what's coming....  He's not a fan of abrupt changes in plans, unless it involves going to the pool or to Dax's to play or something of that nature! :)  Wyatt has LOVED preschool this past semester and made 3 really good buddies there.  The picture below is of Wyatt holding his 'Happy Birthday to you' book that he got to bring home from school!  He's gotten excellent reports from his teachers (apparently the attitude only shines at home! Ha!) and is considered to be very compliant, a rule follower, and very creative!   

Wy's got a sense of style, for sure!  He loves skinny jeans and ties!  His outfits are hilarious...  oh, that's one more comment his teachers made....  they love Wyatt's outfits!  He will often wear skinny jeans, flame shoes or his fire boots, a dinosaur t-shirt and a neck tie to school!  Earlier in the year it was camouflage....  he'd put on every piece of camo gear he owned and would head out the door with his backpack to school.  I LOVE this about him! 
Here's the skinny jeans and flame shoes!
Here's my sweet little pumpkin sound asleep on the couch.  He takes an hour of quiet time each day in his room but has mostly done away with naps, unless there's a special incentive for him to stay up late in the evening!  I am completely enamoured with this sweet face and it brings back so many memories of 'baby Wyatt' as he often refers to himself when looking at pictures in our printed blog books.    

Still looks almost the same, don't you think? 

Wy guy loves to be outside on his swing set.  But he's not a loner at all-  he always wants Isaac, Mommy, or Daddy to be out playing with him! 
Wyatt is beginning to enjoy sports.....
but is still mostly into pretending and make believe and anything imaginative!  He loves his rescue heroes, building with his trio blocks and pretending with his Star Wars squinkies.


Below, Wyatt made Batman out of his piece of cheese.  He's very creative and inventive!

My sweet boy walking into school.  Oh, he's getting so big!  One more year of preschool before I really have to let him grow up...

Wy guy LOVES birthdays, so we sure he felt extra special and very loved!  He awoke to balloons, donuts, and several presents sent from Grandma and Papa and Uncle Joel and Aunt Jen!  He was on cloud 9 with excitement!!!!!! 

Then we spent the day at Crown Center with Mimi and Poppy....

We had to make a trip to the toy store, of course for some train action

and shoot out!.

We also made time for a Kaleidoscope adventure!  :) 
Once Daddy got home, we used some health club passes that Aunt Jen had sent us to go swimming!  We topped off the evening with cupcakes...
I love the following few pics....  Wyatt was sure to remind Isaac that is was his birthday 



Finally Ikey bear got a turn too in blowing out a candle!  Oh, the joy of being 2! :)
And one last activity before bedtime....  Baseball in the dark!  Mimi and Poppy bought Wy a new glove and balls for his upcoming t-ball season that he couldn't resist to try out immediately! :)

Wy guy, we love you SOOoooooooo much!  This past year has been a great one...  my favorite one with you yet!  You have a heart of gold!  You are such a giver and have a very generous spirit.  You think about others and want to make sure that no one is in need.  You love quality time with your mommy and daddy so we try to get some special, one-on-one time with you.... it definitely fills you up!  You talk a mile a minute...In fact, you never really quit talking or asking questions until we walk out of your room at bedtime.  You are so creative and imaginative and love to pretend.  You love being a big brother.  You are really beginning to love the Lord.  You are so precious in His sight (and in mine!).  You have a good understanding of the Bible--you ask great questions and soak in everything you hear!  Sometimes you even teach me new things from BSF or Sunday school! You have an amazing memory!  Oh be careful little mouth what you say because you do not forget a thing.  I've learned to let my yes be yes and my no be no!  You hold me to my word.  You have a very strong will and often put up a fight before surrendering!  You like to be in charge!  You are a little warrior, indeed!  But I'm confident and very hopeful that with the shaping and bending of your will, you are going to be used mightily for His kingdom.  I know the Lord is able to conform your character into a bold leader someday!  And through your eyes, I'm humbly reminded of how much my own heart still needs molding and conforming!  My prayer for you this year is that you would develop joyful surrender.  We are trying to help you see the blessing of obedience and the consequences that result from disobedience.  What we expect of you is not going to change whether you comply or put up a fight....   But whether there is blessing or consequences in the process is up to you.  Joyful surrender, my son....  We don't want you to miss the BLESSINGS in life!  I can't imagine a day of my life without you.  I'm SO HONORED to be your mommy!     

No comments:

Post a Comment