January 2, 2012

The Mystery Date!

My mama stayed with the boys while we escaped for a day to celebrate our 8th anniversary! Joe planned our date several months in advance and kept it a surprise! We headed downtown for some coffee, a little shopping, dinner at PF Chang's, and finally, the grand finale.............

A CONCERT!

I'm obviously very out of tune with KC happenings because I didn't have a clue what our plans were or who was in town. Joe tried to give me little hints here and there (like listening to a certain CD all day long!) but I was a space cadet and remained clueless.....that is, until we pulled up to Sprint Center and I saw lots of boots and hats! Yep, I knew immediately it was a concert and I was pretty certain it would be BRAD PAISLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure enough! Woo Hoo! And a little bonus of seeing Scotty and Band Perry too. It was soooooo fun and a great surprise...definitely a reminder of what life was like pre-kids.... we used to do that sort of thing (but didn't appreciate it nearly as much as we do now!)!!!!!!

Scotty

Band Perry
and my fav, Brad Paisley!
Loved the show and love the man who was next to me even more! :) Yes indeed, I can say I love him more now than the day I said 'I do' and guaranteed I'll love him more next year than I do in this very moment. As the lyrics go, "And I thought I loved you then." It is a wonderful life! I'm blessed beyond measure....

No comments:

Post a Comment