Here are a few pre-Christmas pix we tried to get for Grandma and Papa McCulley's annual Christmas letter...
We interrupted a golf game for this one! The guys were very gracious in holding back their shot since we were on the green and practically sitting on the hole!
I think this was last year's Christmas Eve gift as well. Not intentionally trying to make it tradition, but with a house of boys, it may very well be!
LOVE my boys!
We started the morning with cinnamon rolls. I was hoping for the from-scratch kind this year, but it didn't happen. Maybe it will be a tradition for a later season! : )
and read the Christmas story (our most favorite tradition)!
Then they dug in to their gifts! It was so.much.FUN!!!!!!
Wyatt sporting his new spiderman shirt and watch
more shoot guns! They are totally natural with weapons! I see law enforcement in someone's future... I'm hoping not, but I think it's inevitable! :)
I thought this pic was just precious of Isaac peaking in on his little $1 store treasure inside of the stocking...
Wyatt and I went to WalMart to let him pick gifts... He knew exactly what he wanted to get his daddy before we even walked in.... FISH! Daddy had to hold back the excitement a bit, but I think it ended up being his favorite gift of the year. Guarenteed it was given with the most thought and love from one very sweet boy named Wyatt!
Isaac trying to fit into Daddy's new shoes
Wyatt making a spider web with new crate paper
oopsies! For some reason Ike is wearing Micah jeans and on his tippy toes trying to get some goodies from the counter! :)
We spent the afternoon over at my sisters where the boys got to taste their first bit of prime rib and were given more shoot guns! :) It was a very FUN day!
Not sure wear the swim trunks came from.... Wyatt is in some kind of character form, I'm sure!
3 of the cutest spider men!
Not the best photo, bad had to post one with Mimi's black eye! Now that it's healed, the boys can think it's 'cool' picture (no, the boys were not involved in giving Mimi the black eye)!
And here's one last pic-sweet Great Grandma and Papa sharing Christmas with us!
Christmas, 2011 has definitely been my favorite so far! I loved getting to see all of Christmas through the eyes of my little guys this year--the lights, decorating, baking, reading the Christmas story over and over and over, the many questions, lots of laughter, opening of gifts, and time with family! These boys filled the season with much joy, awe, wonder and great imagination. What a treasured gift to get to see and feel and taste and hear and just experience Christmas through the life of little boys...with sweet perspective, amazing curiosity, and very teachable hearts.
"The enemy of value can be apathy from familiarity" -Jeff Terrell
Maybe that was just it for me this year... I was able to break out of the familiarity of Christmases past and really value the GIFT of Jesus right here in the present! I'm learning right alongside these little ones...some moments I'm teaching them and many moments they are teaching me!
No comments:
Post a Comment