October 13, 2011

The CO Rockies!

Both of our parents were very kind in staying with a our boys for a few days so Joe and I could spend almost a week in Colorado (with Micah in tow!). Thank you, thank you to both sets of grandparents... you guys are the best and very much appreciated! Joe had a couple of days of training in Denver so we decided it was the cheapest way to take a vacation! The Rocky Mountains have always been a favorite destination for me, so I was in heaven to get to go along!
We got some really SWEET bonding time with Micah Jay! It was so FUN to get to spend the whole week playing with Micah, holding him, and just spoiling him with some much needed one-on-one love and affection! I forgot how easy it is to just have one child in tow! :)
We visited the Celestial Seasonings factory and Tea Shop...
and spent some time in Boulder and Estes Park enjoying the great outdoors!
We got to go on a couple of (icey) hikes up in Estes Park and do some running down in Boulder.
This was mostly what Micah's mountain top experiences looked like. Micah Jay was such a gem... he was super content on the trip to and from CO and even slept most of the time we were there! :)
What a precious week of memories! I'm so GRATEFUL we were able to get away... it was very refreshing to my soul! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment