December 21, 2010

Christmas Countdown!

Since I'm a bit behind on posting, I figured I'd just lump the past month into one long post! It has been quite an incredible month leading up to Christmas...
We'll start with THANKSGIVING
We spent Thanksgiving day with my side of the family, and then Grandma and Papa McCulley came to spend the rest of the weekend with us! Joe and I were able to spend a few hours getting some much-needed unboxing and unpacking accomplished while Papa and Grandma entertained the boys. We also made a little time for a fun trip to the KC Plaza! It was a perfect night to walk around, eat some popcorn!, enjoy the Christmas lights, and get plenty of pictures along the way...
Our attempt at a Christmas photo... Gotta love it!
A CHRISTMAS PHOTO
Sure glad this one turned out a little better than the previous! :) Grandma McCulley bought the boys their Christmas jammies to take a picture in for their annual Christmas letter and picture of the grandkids!
PUTTING UP THE TREE
When we moved into our new house on Nov 15th, I had the movers leave out all of the Christmas boxes on our main floor as a good motivator for me to decorate. Last year, we we had a very similar scenerio with just moving into our house in MD on Nov 13, and we didn't even put the tree up. So this year I was determined to make our home feel a lot like Christmas... I wanted it to be a year of beginning new tradition with our boys. It has been well worth the effort...the memories made have been priceless!
Mimi graciously came over to decorate our tree while I got all of the other Christmas decor strung throughout the house. I didn't expect Wyatt to be so in to the decorating but he LOVED every minute of it! He wanted Mimi to show him every single ornament and play all of the Hallmark action ornaments at least a hundred times! Are you wondering about the crazy outfit? Well, Wyatt would wear his clown costume every day if I let him, and most of the time it's a battle not really worth fighting! I'm just surprised he actually took off the red nose!
BIRTHDAYS
In the middle of the month, we had a December party celebrating Auntie B's 33rd and Poppy's 62nd birthdays!
SCENIC DRIVE OF LIGHTS
One night after Joe got home from work, we took the boys on a little scenic drive through the KC winter wonderland! It was such a fun night stopping and touring the lights and window boxes... it seemed so dreamy like it was all straight out of a movie!
CROWN CENTER
We also made a trip to Crown Center to play for a day and meet Santa along the way!
Isaac wasn't so sure about the man in the big red suit... and Wyatt didn't call Mr. Clause "Noah" this year! : )
It has been a wonderful month of celebration and the BEST is still yet to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment