July 13, 2010

Trying TWOs

Wyatt is defintiley in the stage of the TRYING TWOs, or so I call it. All the mamas warned me that it was coming by two and a half. Well, it's here! But it's certainly not terrible at all(although I now totally understand where the term 'terrible twos' comes from!), it's quite rewarding, refining and VERY sanctifying actually, but I will defintiley agree that it is an intensely TRYING season. But it's funny though, because as trying and difficult as this stage is, I actually enjoy my time with Wy guy now more than ever! He really is my little buddy and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE him to pieces! So I certainly won't wish this precious season away, not for a single minute, even on the hardest days...This is the calling the Lord has for my life right now, and nurturing the souls of my fellas each day is my greatest accomplishment! I'll continue to pray for strength and perseverance, that I may respond to this high calling of motherhood, to raise my boys in the ways of the Lord, with passion and dilligence...

    I often try to teach Wyatt that his ways are foolish and God wants him to be wise. So I say, "Do you want to be wise or foolish?" His response, "Foolish!" I was perplexed by this at first. Then it hit me hard that of course my son wants to be foolish... It's more fun and much easier at the time. But then I was reminded that my job (with the Lord's help!) is to get that foolishness out of his heart... Proverbs 10:23 says, " A fool finds pleasure in evil conduct, but a man of understanding delights in wisdom. And Luke 6:45 says, "The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."

    No comments:

    Post a Comment