 |
| Wow, where have the past 4 years gone? I so vividly remember this day, January 12, 2010 when I first met Isaac Owen McCulley! Oh dear, I get super sentimental when I review the snapshots of the past 4 years. Every minute with Isaac has just past too quickly. Probably because he was sandwiched between (and I remind him often that a sandwich wouldn't be much of a sandwich without the middle! :) his 2 bros by 14 months! Or maybe it's because he moves at lighting speed and I haven't had a minute to stop since this boy began to crawl! It has seriously gone too fast. Isaac is our perfect 'middle' though....he never wanted to be a baby and was always eager to do the next thing independently. The Lord graces us with exactly what we need and he perfectly designed Isaac to thrive in the middle! :) |
 |
| So LOVED this moment! Wyatt was definitely more interested in the "pupcakes" we brought home than the little person in the carseat. But they sure became fast friends and you rarely find one without the other! Wyatt went for a playdate last week and when Griffin's dad dropped him off at our house that evening he told me that Wyatt asked if he could bring his brother Isaac next time!!!!! My prayer is that these boys would be BEST friends for life! I feel like all of my mommy failures are somehow redeemed for good when I see friendship between my boys. |
 |
| I remember being instantly in love with this little face! |
 |
| Seriously the HAPPIEST baby alive! |
 |
| This might be in my top 10 of favorite pictures! |
 |
| I would so love to relive all of the fun stages with Isaac EXCEPT the eating-out-of-the-trash stage! Whew, glad we got through that one. A positive? He built up some natural immunity in a hurry. I still remember being at the computer when Isaac came to me proudly with chocolate brownie crumbs all over his face.... Where had he found a brownie I asked myself? Why, in the trash can, of course! Why wouldn't one look in the trash when hungry? |
 |
| And forget the cup....this guy would go straight for the bottle. Still does! Just the other day he had an entire box of oyster crackers on the floor and a 1/2 jug of milk spilled all over the table in the 5 minutes I went upstairs. He's independent and MESSY! :) |
 |
| Two redeeming qualities: The thumb.... |
 |
| ....and his smile! This smile can turn any gray day into a bright, sunny one! |
 |
| Pretty much sums him up! BAND AIDS! This boy is fearless, dangerously so! But he's tough as nails too! If Isaac cries, you know it's serious business. This bandaid is covering a pretty good cut that he got last weekend while camping with daddy. Joe called to tell me that Isaac when off the side of the road on his bike and hit a rock. He asked if he should take him to the ER for stitches? From the 1x1 phone picture I evaluated the cut and said YES! Go for the stitches! Did he get stitches? Nope! So we'll hang onto this scar for memories sake! ;) |
 |
| Isaac learned to ride WITHOUT training wheels at just 3 and a 1/2! Really? |
 |
| Is that a determined face, or what? |
 |
| Off he goes.... |
 |
| A little show boatin' |
 |
| HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY, ISAAC! He requested a Spiderman theme.... |
 |
| Mimi and Poppy, Uncle Trent and Auntie B, Ashtyn and Dax came over to help celebrate.... |
 |
| A pogo stick! More stitches in the making?!!!! |
 |
| Puzzles. Isaac loves to do puzzles! |
 |
| Here's our handsome, fun-loving, memory making, witty, independent, strong, smart, joyful 4-year-old.... |
 |
| Have I mentioned that I love you? I love you. I'm proud of you. And I'm so very thankful for the gift you are! May we steward you well................ | | |
|
|
____________________________________________________________
Isaac, you truly are a ray of sunshine! I know I've been instructed that I can no longer call you Ikey Bear because you are a BIG boy now. I will respect that! But don't grow up too fast on me, ok? I love your little years. You are so full of energy, laughter, and bright ideas. You love life and live it to the fullest. You are very smart and naturally athletic. You are as strong as a horse! You make me laugh out loud so many times a day and that is very good medicine for my soul! You are a little sponge and you ask a million questions. I appreciate your independence and fearless nature. You are assertive and strong, kind and thankful. I love you, warrior!
-"Mom, you're so beautiful! Dad, you're awesome."
-"Mom, you don't look beautiful yet." (when I'm in sweats or jammies)
-"You're my best mom. I always wanted to be in your family."
-You end almost every sentence with, ".....Right, Dad? or ......Right, Mom?". You like to be affirmed that you've been heard.
-Wyatt, "Why are Bella's parents divorced?" Isaac, "Because they didn't kiss enough so her mom moved to another house."
-Looking at a Christmas card (undisclosed name!) and he asks, "Are their ears clean?"
-Me to Isaac, "How come you're so funny?" Isaac's response, "God gave me funny, Mom. That's all....He gave me funny!" Very true.
No comments:
Post a Comment