December 16, 2013

What's In A Name....

First day of life! 
So the first question anyone asks when you say you're having a baby is "Is it a boy or girl?" then the second question is "What's the name?"  So here's the little back story to our baby girl's name....

It's pretty simple really, when I was pregnant with Wyatt and before we found out that he was a boy, the girl name we picked for him was Alivia Joy.  I loved Alivia and my very sweet walking partner and friend Melissa had the middle name Joy.  When she told me her middle name I remember saying that I loved it and if I ever had a baby girl her middle name would be JOY!   That was about 8 years ago before I was even pregnant.  Well, when I was pregnant with Isaac and before we found out he was a boy, the girl name we picked was Ava Joy and it has just stuck as our favorite ever since!  This time we went back and forth between Ava Noel and Ava Joy.  Had this little bundle of joy been a week closer to Christmas we probably would have went with Noel, but Ava Joy just had the perfect ring so that's her name!  And her sweet cousin's name is Alexa Joy. It made Miss Alexa pretty happy to share her middle name with Ava!    

Ava
Language/Origin: English
Inherent Meaning: Filled with Life
Spiritual Meaning: Filled with Praise
Scripture: Psalm 106:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment