Here's our handsome little man at 14 months old and officially taking his first STEPS. It only took him 14 months to finally take 4 consecutive steps on his feet. Woo Hoo! He's pretty proud of himself!
Micah LOVES the swimming pool.
Below is one of my most favorite pictures because I'm sure it's one of the last times my 'baby' will fall asleep in my arms. Remember the book that I absolutely adore by Karen Kingsbury? Let Me Hold You Longer is the title and it sums up my feelings exactly...
Long ago you came to me, a miracle of firsts:
First smiles and teeth and baby steps, a sunbeam on the burst.
But one day you will move away and leave to me your past,
And I will be left thinking of a lifetime of your lasts....
I look ahead and dream of days that haven't come to pass.
But as I do, I sometimes miss today's sweet, precious lasts...
Let me hold on longer,God,
to every precious last.
I haven't had any luck getting through this book a single time without a tissue!
So here I am... Soaking up every last drop of the moment that just might be one of those lasts!
Least favorite memory of the month..... Hand Foot Mouth Disease! Oh, it was miserable for us both!!!!! This picture does not do it justice. Micah had spots EVERYwhere except on his abdomen, hence the reason we knew it wasn't chicken pox. But it was short-lived and I'm very thankful to have my healthy little man back again!
________________________________________________________________
Fun Facts about our 14-Month-Old
Micah...
- took his FIRST STEPS this month, 4 steps to be exact!
- is communicating with sign language (more, thank you , please, all done) and lots of points and grunts
- waves and blows the sweetest kisses
- loves to turn the lights on and off
- got 2 molars for a grand total of 11 teeth
- is starting to have an opinion about food.
- is such a snuggle bug.
- could sit for an hour taking the cap off of a pen and putting it on again.
- has the BEST LAUGH EVER
- teases and plays..... it is sooooooo cute! He'll begin to hand you something then pull it away right before you grab it. He's got plenty of spunk!
- has a tender heart and often cries at the word NO
Micah Jay, I'm holding on to every last and looking forward to many more firsts with you! We just love you to pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!! You fill our world with so much love, laughter and joy! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment