November 12, 2011

Isaac Owen is 22 months old!

Your smile makes my heart bounce!
-Winnie the Pooh I will probably be saying this same quote to Isaac when he is 22 YEARS old... His smile truly does make my heart bounce and is very good medicine for my soul!

I'm sure you recognize these lyrics, "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let is shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!" This is Isaac's them song... we sing it a lot! Let your light keep on shinin', my son! We also like "this is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made... I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

and another one we sing is, "I am so happy, so very happy, I've got the love of Jesus in my heart..." Isaac LOVES to SING and he's got a very beautiful little voice!!!! He certainly knows how to make a very joyful noise to the Lord!
He's got a serious side too.... and a meldown mode! More smiles than seriousness and tears, but he's got the full range of emotions like any healthy, almost-two-year-old does!
Isaac loves to be outdoors! We've decided to cough up the money for a fence (actually, we've got the gov't to thank for the fence fund...A little relo incentive last year! :) so these boys can have a little bit of freedom and some clear boundaries. They need a place to just run and play and just be boys! : )
Isaac doesn't miss a detail... below he's determined to grab the string off of his sleeve! It was pretty cute to watch him tackle the string! ; ) No help needed... this boy is very independent!
Oh, and he LOVES his brothers! He's the perfect middle brother... he loves to follow Wyatt (and sometimes Wyatt follows Isaac!) and he loves to lead Micah Jay...God gave him the perfect role in the middle!
A little indoor, creative fun... My house is pretty much always in progress of a disasterous mess, but my boys are not lacking for activity! : ) Sometimes I wonder why on earth I initiate the messes... but their smiles and laughter make the clean-up all worth it! : )
Wrestling with Daddy.... definitely on Isaac's top 5 list for favorite activities!
Ikey bear... We love you little cub!
____________________________________________________________
Other Fun Facts about our 22-month-old
ISAAC...
-is the same age Wyatt was when Isaac was born, but Ike has been a big brother for 7 months already!
-Says "Alright" instead of "Yes" to any question you ask him....it's super cute! "Do you want to go outside, Isaac?" His response, "Alright!" Love this!
-Always refers to himself as a "good guy"
-LOVES to "cook!" I try to have most of our dinner prep done by the time he wakes up from his nap, otherwise I know it will take 3 times as long to prepare. I always save Isaac a special job, though with dinner! : )
-picks up the phone and says "Hello" and "Bye-bye"
-refers to every book as a "Bible". I took him to a bookstore with me one day and he ran around the store saying "Bibles, Bibles, Bibles". We got lots of chuckles from other shoppers! : )
-Tell me I'm a "Good girl" when I give him fun treats like cookies
-has a thing for goggles and glasses. I'm always prepared for a meltdown when I put on my sunglasses because I know Isaac will want them and CANNOT have them or they'll be broken!
-calls his aunt and uncle (my sister and brother-in-law) "B" and "Bup" ... It's Auntie B and Uncle Trent so I'm not sure where "Bup" came from but Isaac knows exactly who he is referring to!

No comments:

Post a Comment