July 12, 2011

Isaac is 18 Months!

Here's my little sunbeam at 18 months! Isaac is really turning into a toddler now! He's lost the chubby cheeks and most of his baby fat and is turning into such a handsome young man. I call him my 'pretty boy' only because I could see him being quite a pretty little girl with those baby blues and and a bright pink bow in that blonde hair! : ) But this little man loves to get DIRTY and knows how to hold his own... there's certainly nothing girly about him!
There's just something about this face that lights up my days! Isaac is so affectionate--he gives the best hugs and sweet love pats (and loves to pull hair too!). He loves to play and smile, laugh and be silly. He loves people and is Mr. Friendly.
I'm having a hard time initiating consistent discipline with this boy! I just find him to be so funny! He does (almost) everything with a happy heart and a great big smile! But as the saying goes, "When they are old enough to defy then they are old enough to comply!" Even though his vacab is very minimal, he understands EVERYTHING, so I know it's time to start enforcing some rules! I might just have to close my eyes while trying to correct him so I'm not tempted to laugh and totally nullify a teachable moment! : )
When Wyatt is at school or temporarily out of the house there are 2 things Isaac LOVES to play with... Wyatt's 'star wars' hat and his pop gun from Bass Pro. I'm learning to start buying things in 2's so everyone can play together...but for now, Isaac is pretty proud of his time with big bro's favorite items.
Isaac is learning to be reverent. It is the SWEETEST image ever when I open my eyes during a bedtime prayer or before a meal to see him with his hands together and head down. He is so precious!
My boys are finally becoming buddies! It seems like it has taken forever for them to actually be able to play. They are beginning (emphasis on beginning!) how to share with one another and control their strength and emotions, BUT we're seeing a friendship develop between Wyatt and Isaac! There are 3 ultimate goal we have for our boys... Salvation being #1, Friendship among them#2, and respect for others! It is definitely a celebration of grace when we see them moving towards any one of the three!
Isaac has a pretty strong affection for little miss Macy Hope! He just can't take his eyes (or hands for that matter!) off of her... it is the cutest to see them together. But Macy holds her own and lets him know when enough is enough. I love to see their interaction!
So fun for them to get to be in the same church and grow up together. If this mama has any say in the matchmaking process... I vote for Macy (I've always thought Macy McCulley had a nice ring!) A match made in heaven. Look at those CURLS!
Isaac is now 26.5 lbs (58%) and 33.75 in tall (85%)

No comments:

Post a Comment