May 8, 2011

Road Trip, Mother's Day, and Baby Dedication!

Like Father, like son! Wow! Do they look alike here or what? I don't normally see the strong resemblance that others see between these two, but I do here, for sure!
Joe and Wyatt went on their first road trip together to Springfield, MO for Uncle Jay's big football game! They got to spend the weekend with Uncle Jay, Aunt Gigi, and Grandma and Grandpa McCulley! And the GUNS won the game. Woo Hoo!

Wyatt made a new buddy over the weekend--Little Miss Kenzie--Uncle Jay and Aunt Gigi's little niece who lives in Springfield. Isn't she a doll?

Kenzie was sweet to share some pom poms and silly bands with Wyatt so they could cheer on Uncle Jay in style!

Wyatt looks a little bit pooped here. I think they were getting ready to hit the road after the late night game to come home. But they got one last photo with Sgt. Lucas!
Then Sunday was Mother's Day and Baby Dedication! I am so sad that I never got a picture with ALL of my fellas, but this one was taken with my 2 babies who were dedicated to the Lord at church on Sunday morning. I'd say that baby dedication on Mother's Day makes for a pretty special gift in itself! It brings back memories of my first mother's day when Wyatt was dedicated back at Bethel in Indiana! I asked the Lord to give me this child, and he has given me my request.Now I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life.
1 Samuel 1:27-28
It is our prayer that all three of our boys would come to a saving faith in and relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. What an awesome privilege and joy it is to be a mommy! Thank you Lord for these precious gifts in my life. May we always steer them toward YOU!

We spent the rest of the afternoon taking 'shifts' at the park with Mimi and Poppy, Uncle Trent and Auntie B, and Ashtyn and Daxton! Wyatt got to do a little fishing at the park...

and playing in the sand! I stayed back with Isaac so he could get a nap, then we switched. Wyatt came home for a nap with Daddy and I took Ike to the park! I have a feeling we'll be doing lots of 'shift-work' over this next year or two! : )It was a great day and I'm so thankful for my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment