Here's a quick run-down of a few mishaps in our home:
- I set off the smoke alarm with some VERY burnt bread and had both Micah and Isaac screaming at the top of their little lungs! Fireman Wyatt thought it was a great opportunity to put his skills to work!
- We had to call poison control once, as Wyatt decided to taste-test the mold medium for our basement mold test
- Isaac found my retainer and gave it to Gabbi while I was feeding Micah... Needless to say, 2 appointments and over $300 later I have a new one. I didn't even have a single piece left of the old one to show the dentist so he could match the material.
- Wyatt colored all over the floorboard of the new van with a marker
- Isaac ate a hand full of mud straight from the ground and a hand full of brownies out of the trash can, all with a great big grin on his face!
So my theme verse has been Colossians 1:17
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
If God can hold the universe together, then he can surely hold together the details of my days as well! His grace is sufficient and his power is made perfect in my weakness! And all of the little 'mishaps' seem to be the very sanctifying pieces he intends to use for my good... if only I would see them that way in the midst of the trial!
No comments:
Post a Comment