April 21, 2011

Two Weeks with Micah!

Here he is at TWO WEEKS. This picture looks a bit like his one week photo, don't you think? Although, he is getting LIGHTER. Our little 'darky' (as Daddy calls him) isn't quite so dark anymore : ( He's not nearly as fair as his big bros, but I'm wondering if he'll end up looking just like them? We'll wait and see! I was kind of thinking it would be fun to have a little bit of variety among the McCulley boys! Anyhow, Micah is a sleeper indeed (I'm hoping the sleepiness remains!) I rarely get a snapshot with his eyes open! ; )
We got a fun package in the mail this week from our sweet friends, The Criles! Joe is very excited to now have HAWKEYE gear for all 3 boys. Big bros proudly sported their jerseys all night long... now to get Micah in his black and gold and get a photo without him being tackled...
Isaac LOVES his new little brother. Micah got to meet his Papa and Grandma McCulley this past weekend! It's so hard to get a picture with all 3 boys looking at the camera. We're learning to appreciate the candidness of life and photos these days! Micah also got to meet his Aunt Jen and cousins Ellie and Alexa who stopped over on their through KC to IA. Wyatt just ADORES Micah. I think having a new lil bro has been so GOOD for Wyatt. He has been such a helper and so responsible and obedient! He is taking his role as the BIGGEST brother very seriously. Here are Wyatt's frequent questions to Micah: "Micah, are you shy?" He thinks because he doesn't talk yet that he must be shy! "Micah are feeling well today? Are you sick or well?" "When my new baby brother gets bigger can he ______?" It has been such a fun week together! Just one more week of Joe being home then I'll be flying solo with THREE lil rascals. Yikes! The laundry is definitely piling high and the house is always a mess, but life with 3 is fantastic. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

We've discovered Micah to be incredibly GASSY! It is so funny to hear him grunt and wiggle around in frustration and then as soon as you pick him up he has a huge explosion, then is super content again. (Thank goodness for all of the Pampers we've been given! The Target brand that I buy certainly wouldn't do the job with this fella!). So it totally remind me of a scene with Steve Martin from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels... I just have to laugh at all of the face Micah makes. He is so expressive! I'm now on day 5 without coffee and not even a single headache. It seems to be helping a ton with Micah's gas issues so it's definitely worth the mid-afternoon sleepiness. It's probably a good time for me to break the bad habit anyway! We'll see if I survive once I'm with them all day on my own without Joe's help!

That's my only report for the week on Micah... He's very GASSY. That's it! Nothing else new... sleeping eating and pooping is still about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment