February 12, 2011

Isaac at 13 Months!

Here's my Isaac Owen at 13 months old! Wow! What a fun month it has been.

Ike is officially WALKING! He has been practicing all month and will now take 10 or 15, sometimes even 20 steps before deciding that it's just easier to crawl! This might be the cutest stage ever... I love to watch him toddle around with perfectly straight legs and arms out to the sides for balance. He is normally focused hard on his target, then gets a great big grin on his face, loses focus, and plops down on the floor. He's got some strong muscles, though--he's able to bend down and pick up just about anything off the floor without falling over. He is so proud of this new accomplishment. But I'm glad it's taken him a little time to transition from crawling to walking... it's just precious to watch and this stage doesn't last nearly long enough! Ikey bear loves anything with buttons...And he knows exactly what they are supposed to do too! He love thes remote controls, TV, DVD player, my phone, the dishwasher, the list goes on. Ugh. I'm not so technologically inclined so once he starts pushing buttons it's literally impossible for me to get back to the main screen. He has downloaded all kinds of things onto my phone and TV... I'm a bit nervous to see our statements this month.

One of his new things this month is to partially undress himself in his crib each morning. I can always hear him in his room making some kind of commotion... This is the look he gives me when I walk in his room! He's always so PROUD of himself.

Ewwwwww! Totally gross! Isaac has a major fascination with the trash can. I caught him licking clean a bowl of applesauce one day that he had pulled out of the trash! So much for taking off our shoes when we come in the house, wiping down the shopping carts, hand sanitzer... My little boy counteracts it all by just eating straight out of the trash can! Nothing better than building up the immune system naturally, I suppose...

He also LOVES to get dirty in the fireplace! I just know this is an absolute disaster waiting to happen. I can't get to him fast enough... immediately he gravitates here any chance he can get! If I lose sight of Isaac for more than a minute he's either in the trash, on the fireplace, in bathroom, or attempting to climb the stairs!

This boy is never sitting! He's always jumping or bouncing or climbing or crawling or diving or something other than sitting on his bum bum! Hence the reason for the candid shots this month... we have certainly past the window of opportunity for a photo shoot of any kind, other than the candid, in-motion poses!

He loves wrestling Gabbi...

and getting into the pantry.... and following Daddy around. Look at these chunky monkey thighs! Isaac is such a ham and loves to get a REACTION and a LAUGH any chance he can get. He loves PEOPLE and loves to PLAY! I think he's gonna be my little socialite! Getting ready for his bath.... Not the smartest idea to leave a baby boy without a diaper by the furniture... Just long enough for a naked baby photo! Luckily at the end or our fun-filled, highly active days, Isaac sure turns in early and sleeps hard! He normally goes to bed at 7pm (and if we're just hanging out at home he often asks to go down at 6:30!) and doesn't normally wake up until 8:30am! Ahhhh.... a break! I do miss his sweet little face when he's asleep, but I also love getting some one-on-one time with my Wy guy while Ike man is recharging! : ) This is the time we actually sit and do art projects, puzzles, or build a train track--everything that is literally IMPOSSIBLE and totally a futile attempt with our little monkey around! Wyatt refuses to give anyone else a turn at feeding Ike his bottle these days! Isaac is totally capable of doing it himslef but Wyatt insists on helping. Ikey doesn't seem to mind a bit until the very end when Wyatt tries to pin him down until he has finished EVERY LAST DROP... Wyatt and Isaac are really starting to play now and have some fun doing activites together! Wyatt went through a short phase of "I like that brother (pointing to my belly) but I don't like that one (referring to Ike)!" I was getting a bit worried. We had lots of talks about kind works. Then it turned into, "I like both of my brothers but sometimes Isaac frustrates me!" Okay, that's fair! I can live with that, I thought. Now it's, "I really love both of my brothers. I want 5 brothers, Mom!" Well, I'm glad Wyatt loves being a big brother so much these days, but I can assure him he's not going to have FIVE brothers! Oh my! Wyatt and Isaac are good buddies... they play and laugh, wrestle and tackle. Wyatt is such a good encourager to Isaac. I love to listen in on Wyatt's conversations with Ike while they are playing or building blocks. Wyatt will say "Good job, Isaac!" in this real high pitched voice then pat him on the back. Oh, how I love my fellas. I am one very lucky mama!!!! ______________________________________________________ Fun Facts Abour our 13-Month Old: ISAAC...
  • still only has 6 teeth and very little hair!
  • has learned to communicate very well in many non-verbal ways... he points, grunts, waves, etc. but is not really saying words yet. He does have one regular word, though, and it is "Uh, Oh!" Is this cute, or what! I guess he's heard it a few times before!
  • loves to give high five's now and blow kisses.
  • has the most irresistable dimples (along with his big bro, of course) I've ever seen!
  • is a very quick learner... Joe and I both have commented on how quickly he picks up on things. If he's seen you do it, guaranteed he's gonna have it mastered the next time he tries.
  • is one busy, busy, busy little bee but still loves to be held and snuggled too!
  • loves the bottle, but we've got him down to mostly just one before bedtime
  • sucks his thumb anytime he's tired or upset
  • is starting to get a little separation anxiety. He gives us the most pitiful, pouty face and just wails when we leave him at church or MOPS.
  • I just adore this little man. He just has a sparkle in his eyes and an enthusiasm that is so contagious! I would just keep him as a baby forever if I could... he is so much FUN and such a JOY to have around. He keeps me on my toes and constantly laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment