August 17, 2010

Rehoboth, DE... a trip to the beach!

My fantastic husband surprised us with a family vacation to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware! This had been on my to-do list for east coast excursions and I was so glad to be able to check it off the list, even if it was 5 days before packing up and moving back to the midwest!
Here we are on the 'Hotel Rehoboth' golf cart heading down to the beach!
The boys loved the sand! The weather was AMAZING... 85 and cloudy most of the weekend. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend for the beach! This is a photo of Isaac while making his famous'motor boat' noise! The boys are always wrestling!
Chillin' on the pier
Wyatt thought the waves were the most amazing thing he'd ever seen. He wasn't the least bit afraid and the waves were very BIG!
Somewhere in the middle of the weekend I turned 30! I had not been looking forward to turning the big 3-0, so a trip to the beach eased the pain! :) It really wasn't so bad afterall, although I definitley feel older now (but not old enough for a minivan! This is an ongoing jolk I've had with the hubby--I told him that maybe when I turned 30 I'd be ready for a minivan...well, maybe not!). But as I've had time to reflect on being 30, I'm increasingly grateful for where the Lord has me and what he's teaching me with each passing year... The verse I've claimed for the next decade is Psalm 90:12 "So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom."
First helicopter ride!
Daddy was very BRAVE to let Wy guy eat an ice cream cone while riding on his shoulders. He got a lot of giggles and comments on our walk back to the hotel! : ) But Wyatt enjoyed the ice cream so much that he didn't even let a single drip fall on Daddy's head!
Crossing the Bay Bridge on our way home...

No comments:

Post a Comment