
WYATT...Our days are filled with trying to teach you diligently..Lessons about life, lessons about the Lord, 'how-to' lessons, hard lessons about patience and kindness and gentleness and self-control!, lessons on how NOT to treat girls (you're a bit of a bruiser these days with the ladies and anyone smaller than you!), and lots of lessons on SAFETY... I am always reminding you that Isaac does not have teeth and isn't able to eat the things that we eat. I'm constantly trying to teach you that Isaac can't hold small things in his hands because he'll put them in his mouth and possibly choke. I'm teaching you, but always wondering in the back of my mind how much of it is really 'sinking in'...
So I was at the grocery store the other day and Daddy calls to tell me that you came to him with a very concerned tone saying, "Ikey....Band-aid in mouth!" Sure enough, Isaac had pulled a band-aid (from his shots that morning) off of his leg and had it in his mouth! Super Wy came to the rescue! So not only are you, my little warrior, really 'taking it all in', but also learning to apply the lessons that Mommy and Daddy are trying to teach...and even protect your baby brother!!!!! So PROUD of you, Wy guy! It is my greatest joy and daily struggle to raise you in the ways of the Lord! I love you to the moon and back, my son.
And thank you, Lord, for small glimpses of grace like this one, and even some occasional fruit in the heart of my fella! : ) This Mama's heart is encouraged and my joy remains FULL in you!
No comments:
Post a Comment