January 2, 2014

10 years and 4 Babies Later.....

Well, we did not get a single picture on our 10th ANNIVERSARY!!!!!  Not sure how I let that one slip by.  We are planning to do some anniversary pictures this Spring so stay tuned! :)  It was a pretty regular day this Jan 2, 2014....changing diapers, breaking up arguments, cooking, cleaning, etc but we were together which makes any regular day an awesome day!

My mom watched the boys in the evening so we could go to dinner (with Ava in tow, of course!).  We took a little time to reflect on the past 10 years.  We've had lots of highs and few lows and through them all we've seen the Lord's kindness and grace in shaping us into the couple we are today.  Wouldn't trade a single day of the past 10 years!  Well, to be perfectly honest, there are a few I'd like to have a redo on.  I'm learning to seize the day, carpe diem!  It's all we're promised, right?  I don't know what tomorrow holds but I've got today to make the most of.......  I think that's what the past 10 years have taught me-to be present and be faithful in the here and now.  Simple yet so very hard!

I'm so thankful he chose me 10 years ago and that we get to do this life together!  I can truly say that I love him more now than I did then.  Kids have been very good for us...I guess that's why we keep having more of them! Ha!  We've learned to be less selfish, more intentional and to work as a team!

Cute little story I must note for Ava's sake!  So about this time last year Joe brought home an idea, a package to present to me, if you will.  He had a Hawaii itinerary planned for us for this January to celebrate our 10th anniversary.  Note that there are no palm trees pictured in this post! :)  At the end of his compelling presentation he said it was up to me....  Hawaii or a baby.  Really?  7 days on an island vs. 9 months of pregnancy, 3 years of diapers, 18 more years of child rearing, 4 more years of college to budget for...  I think in his mind he had me won over!  We were Hawaii bound!

Well, Hawaii remains on my bucket list, gladly so!  Could anything compare to this sweet 3-week-old face?!  I'll always be your biggest cheerleader Miss Ava!  And I'm going to remind you of this story when you are 14 and causing your momma some grief (I know you will never do that will you?!!!).  But I think you've got your daddy wrapped tightly around your little finger.  He'll thank me later for choosing YOU over Hawaii!  Although I've promised Joe that when the kids are in school and I'm back to work with a real paycheck, I will take him to Hawaii!!!!!         











Daddy becoming Mr. Mom on hid paternity leave!

Had to take a photo of this ornament before the tree came down.  Our Ava Joy has brought much JOY this Christmas!

The boys went with their daddy to the toy store to pick out a gift for Ava....

....they proudly came home with her very first baby doll!   


I LOVE how much they love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment