It was so fun to get away together for about 5 days to see 'old' friends, celebrate the wedding of two very special people and just relax in Chicago!!
We got to sleep in, workout, eat Mexican food and just enjoy each other's company without the sound of little voices interrupting every attempted conversation (although we did miss those sweet voices and rowdy boys a bunch!).
I got time to read--parenting and marriage books that had been on my 'must read list', of course! :) But I had TIME....something I've come to learn to live without but still crave every now and again. It was strange in a very refreshing kind of way.
Oh, how I miss that skyline. I do love the KC Plaza but it just doesn't have quite the same feel as downtown Chicago!
A big highlight of our trip was getting to attend a very special wedding! Pastor Steve finally tied the knot! His new lovely bride is a precious friend so I must say it was bittersweet (mostly sweet--for their sake! :) since she'll now be living in IN.
Their wedding was simple and beautiful, the reception was picture-perfect overlooking a golf course. A very fun day, for sure!
What was extra cool was getting to merge old friends and new friends for the day! Our friends Jeff and Sally were at the wedding of course, because Jeff is Jennifer's brother, along with many other attenders of Harvest KC, so it was so fun to see two worlds interwoven! :)
After the wedding we were blessed to get to have dinner with our dear friends the Napiers (who also hosted us in their home for a couple days!). We went to the Lighthouse restaurant overlooking Cedar Lake and it was a perfectly dreamy double date.
These were our very 'first friends' in IN when we moved there in 2004. This family has an incredible place in our hearts. We just love them to pieces and are so thankful for friends that remain friends across the miles and it's like no time has passed at all when we're together.
And we were able to have all of these fun memories because of 4 super special people! Grandma and Grandpa McCulley kept our Wy Guy in IA and Mimi and Poppy kept our two littles back at home (sorry I forgot to snap a photo.). So THANK YOU, thank you for loving on our little guys and giving us the freedom to get away!
No comments:
Post a Comment