August 7, 2011

Fun times in IOWA!

This past weekend we took a little road trip to Iowa for some fun times with grandparents, great grandmas, aunts, uncles, and friends! Here's a pic with Wyatt and his Grandma and Papa roasting marshmallows at the fire pit and enjoying some s'mores! Surprisingly, we had a short break from the 110 degree summer heat wave and finally got some cooler evenings to actually sit by a fire!
Wyatt loved roasting (or should I say charring!) marshmallows for everyone! Oopsies--I think this one caught fire. Papa was quick to the rescue!
Guess who got to eat the BLACK marshmallow??? Me, of course! How could I resist...it was toasted with love!
We tried to keep our rowdy boys OUTSIDE in hopes of not destroying Grandma's 'pretties'!!! So the boys had fun playing football..
I think he's a LEFTY!
and playing with the new stomp rocket... a fav at Grandma and Papa's house!
and pulling things out of Grandma's flower garden! Isaac LOVES ducks. It's so cute to hear him say quack-quack.
Wyatt cleared the chocolate icing off of his donut!
Here's a couple new of my favorites of Isaac!
Saturday we got to spend the day with Uncle John and Aunt Sandy! We had not seen them since last May when Isaac was just 4 months old... this trip we got to introduce them to our newest four-month-old, Micah Jay!
Uncle John and Isaac were very good buddies!
Uncle John is pretty hands on and loves to wrestle so he completely won Isaac over!
A little lovin' from Grandma!
Meeting the great grandmas--Grandma Barb!
and Grandma Surber!
Sunday we got to celebrate Grandpa's Birthday with him!!!!!
And here are a few 'candid' shots of our sweet little fellas!
Lastly, here's Ike man playing peek-a-boo!
I think this might have been the only time we saw Isaac smiling on the trip home. The trip to Iowa was fabulous, but this little man wanted nothing to do with being in his carseat on the way back to KC. I think I still have some ringing in my ears from all of the high pitched screaming. His poor brothers were troopers and somehow were able to just tune him OUT! : ) We might not be taking another road trip until Isaac can communicate with words. But wait, then Micah will be filling in his spot with screaming!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Belinda, my only regret is that YOU were not in a single one of them..... we need to turn that around quickly. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and that you and your family made the trip to Iowa to visit. We had an outstanding time, and the weather could not have been more perfect.... Richard

    ReplyDelete