January 5, 2011

First Day of SCHOOL for Wyatt...

Today was Wyatt's very first day of school! He was so excited about the idea of this new experience! The moment he got out of bed he wanted to put on his backpack and kept asking if it was time to go yet! I was a bit nervous that once we pulled up to the circle drive for drop off that my little man was going to change his mind and decide he didn't want to stay for the day. As we waited for Wyatt's turn to be escorted from our car into his classroom he kept asking, "Is it my turn yet? Are they coming for me this time?" Much to my suprise, he wasn't the least bit hesitant when it really was his turn. When his teacher came out to greet us, Wyatt jumped out of the car, put on his backpack, grabbed Ms. Leah's hand and said, "Bye, Mom... Have fun at the grocery store!" I stopped him for a kiss and then watched my little man walk away. I hopped back into the car and pulled away with tears of JOY streaming down my cheaks! My Wy guy is really growing up on me! I can't say that I really enjoy the 'letting go' process, but that's what mommyhood is all about...letting go one moment at a time from the day they are born until the day they leave home for college. I'm so glad that Wyatt is maturing and becoming independent of me. He's becoming confident in himself and secure enough to make good decisions and obey others without my prompting! I have to say that in the back of my mind I was expecting a phone call somewhere around lunchtime saying that Wyatt was missing me and wanted to come home. But when I showed up to get him at 2:30 he was all smiles and said, "I had fun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment