Here's the first photo of our Lil Buagaboo in the cooker at just 12 weeks on 9.22.10!
I think we might just have another thumb sucker on our hands. Love it! : )
THE SURPRISE:
Life IS full of surprises and this one caught us completely off guard! Our family will be expanding from four to FIVE in early April, 2011. So were we planning this one, you might ask? Well... not exactly! But the Lord obviously was, and his timing is always better than our own! So we're feeling amazingly BLESSED and THANKFUL for this good GIFT!
3 KIDDOS, 3 AND UNDER:
When Baby 3 arrives, Wyatt will have just turned 3 and Isaac will be 15 months. I always knew I wanted to have 3 kiddos but just didn't think they'd be quite this close in age! It's funny because our 'plan' was to have Isaac and baby #3 be at least 2 1/2 years apart! We actually thought an April baby would be perfect.... April 2012, that is! But I know this little bugaboo will be the perfect fit for our family and my heart is growing with love and excitement for this new little life by the day! I used to always say that I wanted to have 3 kids by 30 so I guess this is one way of making that happen! : )
HOW WE FOUND OUT:
We are in week 17 now, so let's rewind a couple of months.... It was mid-August when Joe was traveling often during his last rota with the Secret Service. I had 2 lil boys waking up during the night (these rare episodes always seem to happen while Daddy is out of town!) and I was crazy busy with packing and trying to plan for our move to KS. So needless to say, I was feeling completely exhausted. I felt slightly nautious in the mornings and didn't have much of a taste for coffee (which I forced myself to drink anyway to get me going for the day!). Something just didn't feel quite right but I attributed it all to being so tired.
I went for my usual run one morning after Joe was home... Afterward, when I was getting ready to jump in the shower, I caught a glimpse of my belly in the mirror which had all of a sudden POPPED! It was completely obvious to me and I knew I had to take a pregnancy test immediately. Joe politely tried to reassure me that I must just be 'bloated'. But a Mommy's instincts are usually right and sure enough... there was a + sign in that little window! I was already 9 weeks along.
There was kind of the silent, blank stare at one another and an understood "OH MY GOODNESS... How did this happen? What are we going to do?" But they were questions not really worth answering at that point. We just had to laugh in that moment and keep on truckin' along with the packing and cleaning and loading and driving 11oo miles and moving into an apartment and hoping to sell our house and praying, DEAR LORD, we know you have plans to prosper us, to give us hope and a future! : ) I'm so thankful we had HIS promises to cling to during what could have been an intensely stressful time!
THE HERE AND NOW:
Well, we made it across the country... we stayed in a hotel for 2 weeks, have been in a 2 bedroom apartment for over a month, and have survived Joe being away for 2 weeks now, with 2 more to go. Our house in MD is due to close tomorrow and we have a contract on a house in KS to close in November. I have been feeling amazing and I'm ever so grateful. With 2 little rascals keeping me busy all day I couldn't possibly afford to be sick or tired. The Lord has been FAITHFUL and our lot remains secure in Him! His grace IS sufficient and his power is made perfect in our weakness. It has been so awesome to see the events in our life play out in ways that only the Lord could possibly orchestrate... all for His glory and all for our good, of this I'm sure! So we've got 22 more weeks before welcoming this new little baby home. Would you be praying with us for a healthy pregnancy and delivery of this new little one?
No comments:
Post a Comment