September 14, 2009

Our 18-Month-Old!

This is the typical Wyatt "smile" these days...He's such a ham!
Is it possible that Wyatt has only been in our lives for a year and a half? I can't hardly remember life without him! But at the same time, I was browsing back through some photos and wondering where my baby has gone? I guess it's good we'll be having another little man around in just 16 weeks, otherwise I think I'd be sad to let my Wy guy get any older!!!!! He certainly fills my days with laughter and makes everything a little bit brighter! We had a a very fun day together celebrating 18 months of life. Although Wyatt is still a huge daddy's boy, he is really becoming Mommy's little buddy too...
We made a trip to Toys R Us for Wyatt to play with the choo choos...
and ride on the motorcycle...
and play at the easle. Then we took all of our sand toys out to the park and had some fun in the sun!
Wyatt is very expressive these days. Here are a few of his silly faces...
Wyatt is just starting to sit down and watch a little bit of TV, although Mommy doesn't let him too often. His fav is "Kidsongs" that Cousins Ashtyn and Daxton brought him!
I have to say this has been the most trying stage so far but also the most fun and rewarding as well. Wyatt is just so DANGEROUS... He's got absolutely no fear at all. I feel like I'm gasping and holding my breath all day long at 'what could have just happened if I hadn't caught him'. : / I think part of it is just a boy-thing and part of it is just a Wyatt the Warrior thing. I see him around his little cousin who really thinks through things before does them. Not Wyatt...there's no thought at all other than, "This looks like fun...". I wouldn't change a thing about my little warrior, but he definitely keeps me on my toes (and gives me a little bit of heartburn:).
And this is evidence of why Wyatt has so many bumps and bruises. I feel like I watch him like a hawk but he still manages to get hurt about every other day! : /
I had to include another photo of Wyatt's first BIG boo boo as this was a memorable event this month. When we went in to the doc for his 18-mo appt, Dr. Gold said that he hit his head so hard that scar tissue formed under his skin....
So the hard bump and line you can still see just may be there to stay. : ( Wy's lil bro is now 23 weeks along... Only 16 more weeks til we get to meet our new little tot!
________________________________________________________
Fun Facts about our 18-Month Old: WYATT...
  • is starting to PUT WORDS TOGETHER such as "Mama eat" when he's hungry and "Dada bye-bye" in the mornings
  • is working on his first 3 SYLLABLE WORD, "basketball" which often comes out as "bataball"
  • has added lots of new VOCABULARY WORDS including Papa (for my dad), Da for cousin Dax, shoes, treat, fish... He's got so many words now that I can't think of them all!
  • now tells us when he goes "PEE PEE" and "POO POO"
  • SNAPS his fingers
  • loves to EAT mints, beef stroganaff, hummus, cherry tomatoes, and chocolate!
  • enjoys turning the LIGHTS on and off now that he's tall enough to reach the light switches
  • One of his favorite activities is our daily walk to visit the neighbor's HORSES. He has become good buddies with the brown horse who normally comes right up to the fence to say hello to Wyatt.
  • loves a CHALLENGE...from jumping off the back of the couch to walking along the ledge in the basement, to balancing on daddy's back with no hands!
  • his favorite day (besides the weekend when Daddy is home!) is Wednesday... TRASH DAY! We sit and wait for the garbage truck then follow it all the way around the block. I think he makes the garbage man feel pretty important!!!!
  • loves to BRUSH HIS OWN TEETH
  • is always playing with CARS, TRUCKS and things that GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment